There is a hack to enable SSH for VMware ESX 3i. After reading the VMTN forum. Here is the procedure to enable SSH
– Boot ESXi and wait till the till"loaded
– Press ALT-F1, you see the console screen
– Type unsupported and press ENTER
– Enter the root password
– Enter the following command vi /etc/inetd.conf
– Search for the #SSH row
– Remove the # from the SSH row
– Save the config by entering :wq!
– Type ps | grep inetd on the console
– Send a hangup signal by using the following command kill -s HUP <PID>
Open now your favorite SSH client (for example Putty) and SSH to the VMware 3i server.