There are four possible paths to achieve VCP4 :
- If you are NEW to VMware
- Attend the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course OR attend the VMware vSphere 4: Fast Track (available in Q4)
- Take and pass the VCP4 exam
- If you are currently a VCP3
- Take and pass the VCP4 exam. This option will only be available until December 31, 2009. The What’s New class is strongly recommended. Beginning in 2010, VCP3s must attend the VMware vSphere 4: What’s New class in order to upgrade.
- If you are currently a VCP2
- Take and pass the VCP on VMware Infrastructure 3 exam
- Take and pass the VCP4 Exam. This option will only be available until December 31, 2009. Beginning in 2010, VCP3s must attend the VMware vSphere: What’s New class in order to upgrade.
- Beginning in 2010, VCP2s who have not upgraded will be required to attend the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage or VMware vSphere: Fast Track course
- If you are not a VCP3, but have attended one of the prerequisite classes (VI3: Install & Configure; VI3: Deploy Secure & Analyze; or VI3: Fast Track).
- Take and pass the VCP3 exam OR attend the VMware vSphere4: What’s New course.
- Take and pass the VCP4 Exam
Now the VCP 4 exam is available, you can study for it. Here’s a collection of links to resources to prepare for VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4:
– VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4 Blueprint
– VMware Education Services
– VMware vSphere 4.0 Documentation
– VMware vSphere Online Library
– VMware Technical papers
– vSphere Configuration Maximums
– vSphere 4 reference card
– vSphere 4 notes
– VMware training and certification blog from Scott Vessey
– Simon Long vSphere 4 study notes
– Simon Long vSphere 4 Practice Exams
– vSphere VCP Exam Prep online
– Virtualisedreality vSphere 4 Cue Cards
– Train Signal VMware vSphere training
– Mastering VMware vSphere 4 (Scott Lowe)
– VMware vSphere 4 Implementation (Mike Laverick), not available yet
– vSphere Quick Start guide (Thomas Bryant III, Stu Radnidge, Dave Mishchenko, Alan Renouf and Duncan Epping), not available yet
– VMTN Technical training and certification
– VMware Training and Certification
Existing VCPs and/or candidates who have attended the vSphere: Install, Configure and Manage or vSphere: Fast Track course will have an opportunity to receive a special exam voucher that allows for a FREE re-take of the exam if they fail their first attempt! This program is only available until December 31, 2009, and you must register to take advantage of the 2nd Shot Program. If you meet the requirements and would like a 2nd Shot voucher, vist this site.
You can register for the exam @ Pearsonvue.com
If want to submit links, please let me know.
post last updated on 14 oktober 2009.
3 thoughts on “Resources to prepare for VMware Certified Professional (VCP4) on vSphere 4”
Thank you very much for your post! Very informative. I was looking for this.