While preparing for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administration (VCAP-DCA) exam (VDCA410) I created command-line cheat sheet. It can be hard to memorize all the commands, switches and settings. Knowing and get familiar with these commands can save a lot of valuable time at the VMware VCAP-DCA exam. Almost all the commands have useful examples.
The document has the following sections:
– Unix commands such as man, ls, cd, watch, pwd, find, vi, nano, cat, grep, more, tail, less, df, vdf and ps
– ESXi command line commands (vCLI, Local console using esxcfg, vMa using vicfg and PowerCLI)
– vMA commands (vifp and vifp-target)
– vSphere (v)CLI commands such as vicfg-hostops, vicfg-cfgbackup, vmkfstools, vifs, svmotion, vmware-cmd, vicfg-mpath, vicfg-mpath35, vicfg-vmknic, vicfg-vswitch, net-dvs, vicfg-snmp, vicfg-volume, vicf-advcfg, vicfg-module, esxtop / resxtop, vscsistats, esxcli, vicfg-scsidevs , vmware-umds, vicfg-syslog, vilogger, vicfg-dns, vicfg-nics, vicfg-ntp, vicfg-route, vicfg-iscsi, vmkiscsi-tool, vmkping, vicfg-nas, vicfg-rescan, vicfg-scsidevs, vicfg-firewall, vm-support, vihostupdate, vihostupdate35 and vicfg-user
– High Availability (HA) attributes such as das.slotcpuinmhz, das.slotmeminmb, das.usedefaultisolationaddress, das.failuredetectiontime etc.
– Basic PowerCLI commands such as set-ExecutionPolicy, add-PSSnapin
VMware.VimAutomation.Core, connect-viserver, get-command, get-member, get-help etc.
If you spot any additions, updates or missing things, please let me know!
The PDF “VMware VCAP-DCA exam command-line cheat sheet v1.0” can be downloaded here.