PowerCLI 6.0 R1 is released with some cool new features. One thing I missed in this announcement is improvements in the PowerCLI support for VMware Horizon View. The latest release of VMware Horizon View 6.1 still has NO PowerCLI improvements! This is a huge bummer because PowerCLI is very limited in VMware Horizon View.
On the VMware PowerCLI Blog the following statement is written (link):
Each new release tends to have several features or enhancements that have been asked for by YOU, our customers. These new features come to us by way of interaction at events like VMworld, Partner Exchange, VMUG Conferences, Twitter, Email, and customer visits. What better way to show our customers that we listen then by adding in features they ask for? This release does not disappoint! Thank you to all who provide feedback and help us continue to improve this great tool.
So we must provide feature request feedback to the PowerCLI team to improve PowerCLI for VMware Horizon View!
I have the following feature requests:
- Ability to run from remote systems
- Creating and exporting desktop pools with all the settings available as in the GUI (Horizon View Administrator)
- Available as module
- Getting the Health overview as in the VMware Horizon View Administrator
- Filter on the desktop status such as problem desktops, agent unreachable, deleting, missing, disconnected, available etc.
- Filter pools and display the amount of desktops that are used, available desktops, headroom and total desktops.
- Check the ADAM replication between the Connection Servers
- Search and filter the Event database on error and warnings
- Add or remove a VM to a manual pool
- Send messages to desktops
Please let me know what features request you have by placing a comment in this blog post, even if it is already mention. All the feature requests will be bundled and forwarded to the PowerCLI team. I hope to see some of the feature requests in the next release of PowerCLI for VMware Horizon View.
Looking forward for your feature requests!
4 thoughts on “What VMware Horizon View PowerCLI features you like to see?”
I agree, the cmdlets that exist don’t seam to have been updated in a long time. I use PowerShell and PowerCLI for all my tasks in the virtual infrastructure and would love to work more with View in PowerCLI but the cmdlets are just not the same as the current awesome PowerCLI cmdlets. Come on VMware, please update them!
Thank you for your effort on this, i miss the ability to delete dedicated vms from any vdi pools with a PowerCLI Script, to automate the deletion of a VM from Horizon View and Active Directories as it is with linked clones.
I agree, most of all the ability to use it on my admin machine (remotely) would be greatly appreciated. This already works within PowerCLI so why not for Horizon View?
All things that you can do in the gui should be doable in powercli. Come on it is 2015 and all other services and server applications have full powershell integration except Horizon…