NAKIVO announced today that NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 is out of beta and available. This new version includes the following new features:
- Support for VMware vSphere 6.7: It’s now officially compatible with the latest version of VMware vSphere.
- Cross-Platform Recovery: With the Cross-Platform Recovery feature, users can export VM data from VMware and Hyper-V backups into VMDK, VHD, or VHDX format. The exported files can then be used for recovery across different hypervisors, cross-platform VM data migration, long-term archival, or sandbox testing.
- Advanced Bandwidth Throttling: Allow you to set speed limits during data protection jobs to avoid network overload for example during business hours.
- Dell EMC Data Domain Boost Support: Dell EMC Data Domain: Integrates with the BoostFS plugin, combining benefits of the VM backup software with the source-side deduplication offered by Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. As a result of this integration, VM backup size can be reduced by up to 17X while VM backup speed can be improved by as much as 50%.
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS VM Backup Appliance: can be installed directly on NETGEAR ReadyNAS devices, creating a cost-effective VM backup appliance. The ReadyNAS-based appliance is a 5-in-1 solution featuring backup hardware, software, storage, built-in global data deduplication, and backup-to-cloud functionality. This is already possible with QNAP and Synology NAS devices.
NAKIVO develops data protection solutions for VMware, Hyper-V, and cloud environments such as Amazon and Azure. I was asked to do an independent review of NAKIVO Backup & Replication. In a series of blog posts I will look closer to existing and new features of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5. I’ll will be highlight the following topics:
- Installation and basic configuration, link
- Backup and Recovery, link
- Replication, link
- Multi-Tenancy, editions and licensing and the final conclusion, link.
Update: Augustus 27, 2018: Today version 8 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication is Generally Available (GA). This version includes the Business Continuity and Site Recovery Orchestration Solution. With v8 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication you can automate and orchestrate the entire site recovery process. Perform scheduled non-disruptive disaster recovery testing, planned failover, emergency failover, failback, and datacenter migration.
More information can be found here:
- NAKIVO VMware Backup, link
- NAKIVO Hyper-V Backup, link
- NAKIVO AWS EC2 backup. link
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 full-featured trial download, link
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5 release notes, link
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8 release notes,link