Blue circle in the vSphere client after upgrading to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2

After upgrading the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) to version 6.7 Update 2, I tried to log in using the vSphere Client. After entering the credentials an endless blue running circle appears.

In the VAMI interface (https://vcsa-fqdn:5480) of the VCSA, the health statistics of all the components are green (okay) so I decided to reboot the VCSA.

After the VCSA reboot I encountered the same blue running circle when trying to log in using the vSphere Client. I tried Firefox and Google and the Internet Explorer browser. The only browser that worked was Internet Explorer. I never used  Internet Explorer before so I tried to clear the cache of Google Chrome and Firefox using the following methods:

Clear cache, cookies and history of Google Chrome:

  • Open Chrome.
  • At the top right, click More More
  • Click More tools and then Clear browsing data
  • Time range: All time
  • Select Browser history, cookies and cache images and files
  • Click Clear data

Clear cache and cookies of Firefox browser:

  • Open firefox
  • In the address bar enter: about:preferences
  • Click Privacy & Security
  • Under Cookies and Site Data select Clear Data
  • Check Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content
  • Click Clear and select Clear Now

After clearing the cache I was able to log in using the vSphere Client without the endless blue circle. So make sure to clear the cache of the browser(s) when experiencing the circle problem.

4 thoughts on “Blue circle in the vSphere client after upgrading to vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2”

  1. Thank you very much! Solved my issue after upgrading vCenter appliance 6.7 to Update 3 and continually got the blue circle in Chrome. IE worked fine.

  2. This did not work for my case. After clearing the cache and restarting the browser, the blue circle continued.

  3. I had this “endless spinning blue cirle ” after VCSA upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0u3g, too.
    To clear browser chache was not enough for me.
    But after upgrading Firefox from ver60.x to 102 ESR this problem was solved!

Leave a Comment