The “Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2” book is written by Jason Ventresco. This book provides detailed description of the deployment and administration of the VMware Horizon View suite.
VMware Horizon View helps you simplify desktop and application management while increasing security and control. This book will introduce you to all of the components of the VMware Horizon View suite, walk you through their deployment, and show how they are used. We will also discuss how to assess your virtual desktop resource requirements, and build an optimized virtual desktop.
"Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2" will provide you the information needed to deploy and administer your own end-user computing infrastructure. This includes not only the View components themselves, but key topics such as assessing virtual desktop resource needs, and how to optimize your virtual desktop master image.
You will learn how to design and deploy a performant, flexible and powerful desktop virtualization solution using VMware Horizon View. You will implement important components and features, such as VMware View Connection Server, VMware View Composer, VMware View Transfer Server, and VMware View Security Server.
"Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2" will take you through application virtualization with VMware ThinApp, the implementation of Persona Management, and creation of Desktop Pools. We then cover View Client options, Desktop maintenance, and Virtual Desktop Master Image. Finally we discuss View SSL certificates management, Group Policies, PowerCLI, and VMware View Design and Maintenance to help you get the most out of VMware View.
If you want to learn how to design, implement and administrate a complex, optimized desktop virtualization solution with VMware View, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Designing a VMware Horizon View Infrastructure
- Chapter 2: Implementing VMware Horizon View Connection Server
- Chapter 3: Implementing VMware Horizon View Composer
- Chapter 4: Implementing VMware Horizon View Transfer Server
- Chapter 5: Implementing VMware Horizon View Security Server
- Chapter 6: Using VMware ThinApp
- Chapter 7: Implementing View Persona Management
- Chapter 8: Creating VMware Horizon View Desktop Pools
- Chapter 9: VMware Horizon View Client Options
- Chapter 10: Performing View Desktop Maintenance
- Chapter 11: Creating a Master Virtual Desktop Image
- Chapter 12: Managing View SSL Certificates
- Chapter 13: Implementing VMware Horizon View Group Policies
- Appendix: Advanced Details about Key Horizon View Features
It contains 390 pages and is availabe as paperback and eBook. More information about the book can de found here