The new version of Veeam is called “Veeam Availability Suite v8”.
The Veeam Availability Suite v8 has improvements in the following areas:
- High Speed Recovery
- Data Loss Avoidance
- Verified Protection
- Leverage Data
- Complete Visibility
Enables low recovery time objectives (RTOs) of <15 minutes; enables rapid recovery of the data customers want, in the form that they want it. Features are:
- Instant VM Recovery
- Instant File-Level Recovery
- NEW v8 Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL
- Server,Active Directory
- NEW v8 Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots (HP and NetApp)
DATA LOSS AVOIDANCE
Avoids data loss by enabling low recovery point objectives (RPOs) of < 15 minutes and facilitating offsite data protection. New features v8 are:
- 2-in-1: backup and replication
- Built-in WAN Acceleration
- Native tape support
- NEW v8 Backup from Storage Snapshots (HP and NetApp)
- NEW v8 EMC Data Domain Boost
- NEW v8 Veeam Cloud Connect
- NEW v8 End-to-end encryption
- NEW v8 Replication enhancements
Reliably restores files, applications and virtual servers when needed; ensures business resiliency through automated backup and DR testing.
Eliminates the risks associated with application deployment; allows you to test changes in a production‐like environment before actually deploying them.
- Virtual Lab
Provides monitoring and alerting tools so that you can discover and be alerted to issues in your IT environment before they have a significant impact.
- Complete visibility of the Veeam backup infrastructure
- vSphere Web Client Plug-in
- vCloud Director integration
- Centralized management
The Veeam Availability Suite v8 is scheduled for Q3 2014. More information can be found here, link.